As a Banking and Finance Associate Lawyer with 2-5 years of post-qualification experience (PQE), you will be joining a prestigious top-tier international law firm in Sydney. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic and collaborative team, advising leading financial institutions, corporate clients, and other key stakeholders on complex banking and finance matters. You will be responsible for providing legal expertise, conducting research, drafting legal documents, and supporting senior lawyers in transactional and advisory work.
- Legal Advisory: Provide high-quality legal advice on a range of banking and finance matters, including project finance, acquisition finance, structured finance, syndicated lending, derivatives, regulatory compliance, and other related areas.
- Transactional Support: Assist in structuring, negotiating, and documenting a variety of banking and finance transactions, such as loan agreements, security documents, intercreditor agreements, and other financing instruments.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct in-depth legal research, analyse relevant laws, regulations, and precedents, and provide well-reasoned recommendations and opinions to clients and senior lawyers.
- Drafting and Review: Prepare and review legal documents, including contracts, agreements, legal opinions, and transactional documentation, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Due Diligence: Conduct due diligence exercises to identify and assess legal risks associated with proposed transactions, and provide guidance to clients on mitigating those risks.
- Client Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, demonstrating a deep understanding of their businesses and industries. Act as a trusted advisor, providing commercially viable solutions and managing client expectations effectively.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including senior lawyers, partners, and other practice groups within the firm, to deliver comprehensive legal services to clients. Work closely with colleagues to contribute to the success of the team and share knowledge and expertise.
- Professional Development: Stay abreast of industry trends, regulatory developments, and legal updates in the banking and finance sector. Engage in continuous professional development, attending seminars, conferences, and training programs to enhance your legal skills and knowledge.
- Qualifications: Possess a law degree from a reputable university and be admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia. Additional qualifications in banking and finance law or a related field are advantageous.
- Experience: Have 2-5 years of post-qualification experience as a lawyer in a reputable law firm or in-house legal department, with a focus on banking and finance transactions. Experience in top-tier firms or international environments is highly desirable.
- Banking and Finance Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of banking and finance laws, regulations, and industry practices. Familiarity with key financial products, such as syndicated loans, derivatives, and structured finance, is essential.
- Analytical and Research Skills: Strong analytical thinking and research abilities, with the capacity to analyse complex legal issues, identify risks, and provide pragmatic solutions. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in legal drafting.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex legal concepts clearly and concisely. Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, build client relationships, and manage expectations.
- Commercial Acumen: A solid understanding of the commercial drivers and objectives of clients in the banking and finance sector. Ability to provide commercially viable legal advice and contribute to strategic decision-making processes.
- Team Player: A collaborative approach to work, with the ability to work effectively within a team environment and contribute to a positive and supportive workplace culture.
- Time Management: Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload effectively, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines.