Our Clients are a leading National Firm with a strong presence in Newcastle, New South Wales, providing comprehensive legal services to a diverse range of clients. Thier firm is committed to excellence, innovation, and client satisfaction. They have a dynamic and collaborative work environment, encouraging professional growth and career advancement for their team members.
As a Lawyer with 2+ years of post-qualification experience (PQE) in Wills & Estates and Estate Planning, you will be an integral part of our esteemed legal team in our Newcastle office. Your primary responsibility will be to assist clients in matters related to wills, estates, and estate planning, providing expert legal advice and strategic guidance.
- Client Consultation: Meet with clients to understand their specific needs and objectives related to wills, estates, and estate planning. Address their concerns, offer legal advice, and provide suitable solutions tailored to their individual circumstances.
- Drafting and Review: Prepare and review wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents, ensuring accuracy, compliance with legal regulations, and adherence to clients’ preferences.
- Estate Administration: Guide clients through the complex process of estate administration, including probate applications, asset distribution, and resolution of potential disputes.
- Estate Planning Strategies: Develop and implement effective estate planning strategies to protect and preserve clients’ assets, minimize tax liabilities, and ensure their wishes are carried out in the event of incapacity or death.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Work closely with other lawyers, paralegals, and support staff to ensure a seamless and coordinated approach to client matters.
- Legal Research: Conduct in-depth legal research on relevant statutes, case law, and regulatory changes to stay up-to-date with evolving legal requirements and best practices.
- Client Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships through regular communication and exceptional service delivery.
- Business Development: Contribute to the firm’s business development initiatives, including participating in networking events, seminars, and client presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from a recognized institution.
- Admitted to practice law in New South Wales and hold a current practicing certificate.
- A minimum of 2 year of post-admission experience in Wills & Estates and Estate Planning law.
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and legal precedents.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple client matters simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities in complex legal scenarios.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and performance will be offered.
- If you are a motivated and skilled Lawyer with a passion for Wills & Estates and Estate Planning, and you seek an opportunity to grow your career with a leading National Firm in Newcastle, we encourage you to apply.