Job Title: Personal Injury Lawyer – Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Location: Parramatta, NSW, Australia
Experience: 2-6 Years PQE
Position Type: Full-Time
Firm: A Leading Personal Injury Law Firm
About the Firm:
Join one of Australia’s leading Personal Injury Law firms, renowned for its commitment to justice and excellence in legal representation for individuals who have been injured or unfairly treated in the workplace. With a compassionate approach and a formidable reputation in the courtroom, our clients strive to secure the best possible outcomes for their clients.
- Provide expert legal advice and representation to clients on workers’ compensation claims, including but not limited to workplace injuries, occupational diseases, and workplace fatalities.
- Manage a caseload of workers’ compensation files, ensuring that all cases are handled efficiently and empathetically, with attention to detail and in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Conduct legal research and stay updated on changes in workers’ compensation laws and regulations to provide accurate and current advice.
- Prepare and review legal documents, such as claim forms, submissions, and settlement agreements.
- Represent clients in negotiations with employers, insurers, and at tribunals, such as the Workers’ Compensation Commission.
- Work collaboratively with medical professionals, investigators, and other experts to build strong cases on behalf of clients.
- Advocate for clients in court appearances, mediations, conciliations, and arbitrations when necessary.
- Provide exceptional client service, keeping clients informed about the progress of their claims and the legal process.
- Contribute to the firm’s business development activities, including writing articles, presenting seminars, and engaging in networking events.
- A law degree from an accredited law school and current legal practicing certificate in NSW.
- 2-6 years PQE with a focus on workers’ compensation law.
- Proven track record of successfully handling workers’ compensation claims.
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a significant caseload and multitask with strong attention to detail.
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing empathetic legal support.
- Experience in personal injury law, particularly in workers’ compensation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage client expectations and develop relationships.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Familiarity with case management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Support for continued professional development and career advancement.
- A collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Opportunities to engage in high-profile cases.